Zero Tolerance Policy
All individuals responsible for a team and all spectators shall support the referee. Failure to do so will undermine the referee’s authority and has the potential of creating a hostile environment for the players, the referee, and all the other participants and spectators. Consequently, BAYS has adopted and modified the following rules:
- No one, except the players, is to speak to the referee during or after the game. Exceptions: Coaches may ask questions before the game, call for substitutions and point out emergencies during the game, or respond to the referee if addressed.
- Absolutely no disputing calls, during or after the game, no remarks to the referee to watch certain players or attend to rough play. NO YELLING at the referee, EVER, and no criticism, sarcasm, harassment, intimidation, or feedback of any kind during or after the game.
- Violators may be ejected and are subject to disciplinary action by the BAYS Sportsmanship Review Committee.
- If coaches or spectators have questions regarding particular calls, rules, or a referee, or wish to give feedback regarding a referee, please contact the town soccer club referee’s coordinator for the game in question, or contact the BAYS Referees Representative.
Registration for Rec Plus
Fall Program starts Sunday, September 11
Rec Plus is a BSC sponsored program that is specially designed for developing the skills of 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders who play in the Brookline Recreation Soccer Program.
For more information and to register
Fall Season begins September 10
Now is a great time to make sure you are ready.
- Do you have a BSC uniform? Do your cleats fit?
- Has your coach contacted you?
- Review the game schedule and clear up any conflicts.
- Suggest a team contact list so you can set up a car pool.
- Know your practice field.